Monday, July 15, 2013

Fabric Boxes

When I saw this cute little fabric box on Pinterest I was delighted to find it was a tutorial by Tina at Seaside Stitches. These are so quick to make. I didn't time how long it took but I'm sure it was less than an hour or there abouts. I now have another three cut out ready to be made. These are the perfect project for me at the moment as I can't seem to concentrate on anything more complicated or too involved.
If you see my mojo on it's travels please send it home. LOL



When I first completed it I wasn't too keen on the flaps on the inside but once I caught on that they would make useful little pockets, it's one of those days where it's taking a while for the penny to drop, I loved it.


As with most fabric boxes these can be used for so many things. Here is mine with some sewing things. You can see I used the inside flaps to hold my seam ripper and a small pair of clippers.


Here is one with make up. Again the pockets came in useful for tweezers, eyelash curlers and my brush which is the perfect size for this little fabric box.


 


I'm off to make the other three and who knows I may see how they turn out in different sizes.

~ Maria ~

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, Maria!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Have a happy week,
    big hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even without mojo you're beating me about the head with my rotary cutter!! I almost cut out a bag today, but then I didn't. :)

    (To clarify, I cut out most of it, but not quite all and although I still have time I'm giving up and going to hide in the cool kitchen downstairs!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Maria! I'm glad the tutorial worked well for you. Your little boxes are really cute! This reminds me that my daughter needs to make one for a hostess gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and useful. I love the photo of the flower looking into the box. I like the little button accents on the outside of the flaps too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how sweet! thanks for sharing the link

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your wonderful project on homework. Thanks so much for sharing it on The Inspiration Board. Have a great weekend!

    carolyn
    homework &
    DETAILS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this cute box idea.
    Jumped over to Seaside stitches and will have to try my hand at one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~