Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My First Sew Along Completed

On the 1st January I joined The 2014 It's A New Year Sew Along here. All we had to do was make log cabins at the measurements specified. We could make as many or as few as we wanted and then make them into something before the 29th Jan. So I got to work straight away and loved making these little log cabins. You can see the first 35 blocks I made here and the second 35 here.

With the second set I made this small table runner measuring 31" x 24".






I love the backing fabric. I had a piece left over from another runner I'd made some time ago and it was perfect for this one. The colours matched the front so I used it for the binding also.






I now have a custom order for another table runner which I need to make super quick while I wait on the next test bag from Christine to come. After that I'll be making another runner with the first set of 35 log cabin blocks. Hopefully it will be finished before the 29th Jan deadline.

~ Maria ~

6 comments:

  1. You are so fast Maria! I love how your log cabin runner came out. Those are my mom's and sister's favorite color combination pink and green. I like how you randomly placed the "logs" so they all weren't in the exact same place on each block. It gives it more of an artsy or wonky feel to it that way, which is how I like log cabins to look. Plus more fun to sew when you don't have to follow an exact placement on every block, which can get boring to sew. Looking forward to seeing what you do to the next log cabin blocks. You are way ahead of your goal this month! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a georgeous Quilt! Love the Colours, and the back fabrics!
    Happy day to you and Hubby :O)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - I prefer wonky or random to perfection - it's also easier for me to achieve, LOL! That backing is perfect for the tablerunner - it's like you picked the backing and then made the front blocks to match - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I loved the blocks as you were making them and the finished runner is fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, Do you know the personage Lucky Luke, which is faster than his shadow, I'm sure that you're part of his famil!!!! LOL
    You not just create fast, what you create it is always beautiful! I like a lot this quilt, the color scheme and the free motion. Perfect! I can only say one thing, I love it! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome job you have done on your table runner. I made 5 of them this year for Christmas gifts, but nothing like this. It is adorable and your choice of fabrics and that luscious backing material are superb. What a talented person you are. I wish I had your speed and creativity. genie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~