Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Mini Carryall

A few days ago I tested this bag for Jane Poh of Projects by Jane.
It's always such a pleasure testing for Jane. Never a mistake to be found or any corrections to be made. Perfection!!!

Jane's patterns are excellent quality. Good photos and explanations from the smallest detail to the most difficult part.

This is my test carryall. These are excellent for craft fairs. I sold this one a couple of hours after finishing it and got orders for two more just like it which you can see in the last two photos.


I followed the pattern except for one thing. You've probably heard me say it before but I don't like floppy bags they have to be firm and stand to attention.
Gives you an idea of what a slave driver I can be LOLLL


Jane on the other hand likes 'fabric to feel like fabric'. I suspect she's more of a romantic LOLLL


 You cant see very well but all seams are hidden away as you would expect with Jane's patterns.


 I've put some make up here to give you an idea of the size but you could use this carryall for so many things. It would be perfect for sewing stuff especially if you do hand sewing like hexies, get the idea.


These are the other two that were custom orders.
I'm having to sew up bags for the shop this week and next week too, we're going back in time to the 1940's - 50's. After that I really want to make some time for more of these carryalls.


If you'd like the pattern for the Mini Carryall you can go HERE to Jane's Etsy or HERE from Jane's blog and do hurry becasue the pattern is being sold at a DISCOUNT PRICE until Nov 23rd.


Thanks for staying with me. I'm not her very often but I am sewing everyday and keeping a record of my bags so one of these days I'm going to bombard you with loads of photos.

Take care and Happy Sewing

~ Maria ~

3 comments:

  1. Dear Maria,
    You did a great job. Congrats on getting the sales. Hope you sell loads more. Btw, are you aware you are the bag whisperer?
    xoxo,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she IS the Bag Whisperer - and of course you did a great job on the bag, Maria :D I had to have the pattern - I got it a few days ago ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bag is really cute, Maria. I am like you, I prefer bags with structure. What did you add that wasn't in the pattern? Foam, fleece or batting with your trademark quilting lines?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your comments mean so much to me and inspire me to create.
~Maria~